Google Alerts alerted me to this:

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/43060/what-are-the-challenges-to-achieving-cold-fusion

I decided to post a response. This turned out to be a waste of time. This
is yet another site run by anonymous trolls, like Wikipedia and the
Scientific American. The trolls delete anything they disagree with. I wish
these places would self-identify. A message at the top would be handy:
"ANYTHING WE DISAGREE WITH WILL BE ERASED -- THE MANAGEMENT."

For the record, my messages are copied below. This is what I usually write.
Why anyone considers this controversial I cannot imagine. These people are
like that nutty women at Sci. Am. who thinks it is beyond the pale to say:
"Replicated, high sigma experiments are the only standard of truth."

Cold fusion has been suppressed. Not by powerful people at oil companies.
Not by evil people trying to preserve academic funding. No, it has been
suppressed by stupid people. Very Stupid People.

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Friedrich
Schiller

-3down vote

Cold fusion has been replicated in over 200 major laboratories, often at
high signal to noise ratios. For example, tritium has been measured at
millions of times background. I have a collection of 1,200 peer-reviewed
journal papers on cold fusion, copied from the library at Los Alamos, and
2,000 other papers published Los Alamos, China Lake, the NRL, Mitsubishi,
the NSF and various other mainstream organizations. This literature proves
beyond question that cold fusion is real. You will find the bibliography
and hundreds of full-text papers here:

http://lenr-canr.org/
share
<http://physics.stackexchange.com/a/43370/15649>editflag<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/43060/what-are-the-challenges-to-achieving-cold-fusion#>
locked by Community <http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/-1/community>♦
yesterday
deleted by Community <http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/-1/community>♦
yesterday
*Why was your post deleted?* See the
faq<http://physics.stackexchange.com/faq#deletion>
.
answered 2 days ago
<http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/15649/jed-rothwell>
Jed Rothwell <http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/15649/jed-rothwell>
1
1
Perhaps you'd like to declare your own connection to the site you're
advertising, Jed? –
EnergyNumbers<http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/4066/energynumbers>
 2 days
ago<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/43060/what-are-the-challenges-to-achieving-cold-fusion#comment89306_43370>
1
My name is listed on every page of the site, along with my address and
telephone number. So I do not think I need to "declare" anything. It is
hard to imagine how I could make it any more clear. – Jed
Rothwell<http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/15649/jed-rothwell>
 2 days
ago<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/43060/what-are-the-challenges-to-achieving-cold-fusion#comment89309_43370>

1
I see the people here are voting down the peer-reviewed experimental
literature in mainstream journals, in favor of Wikipedia. This is new-age
science. I am suggesting you should read papers by accredited,
distinguished scientists such as the Chairman of the Indian Atomic Energy
Commission, and the world's leading expert on tritium at the PPPL. Others
here think you should ignore this literature and read an article in
Wikipedia written by anonymous amateurs who name themselves after comic
book characters. – Jed
Rothwell<http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/15649/jed-rothwell>
 2 days
ago<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/43060/what-are-the-challenges-to-achieving-cold-fusion#comment89310_43370>

+1: your website is a godsend, and there is no way to thank you enough for
it. I was wondering if you read the answer I gave to the older cold fusion
question here:
physics.stackexchange.com/questions/3799/…<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/3799/why-is-cold-fusion-considered-bogus>
.
I am pretty confident that this explains the phenomenon, but there might be
something more interesting regarding the deep energy levels that I missed.
The idea that the d atoms are fusing at 10s of KeVs, and making a chain
reaction through charged particle ionization I think is sure. – Ron
Maimon<http://physics.stackexchange.com/users/4864/ron-maimon>

yesterday<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/43060/what-are-the-challenges-to-achieving-cold-fusion#comment89357_43370>