On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

All of these are explained if the active particle is a f/H molecule.

> 1. The molecule is neutral, thus is not bothered by the Ni electrons.
> 2. There are no gamma rays because only one of the two protons fuses, the
> other
> being ejected carrying the energy of the reaction. Fusion primarily with
> 62Ni &
> 64Ni yields stable copper isotopes.
> 3. Heat is deposited to the substrate by fast protons.
> 4. The fact that the molecule is neutral gets it close enough to the
> nucleus to
> make tunneling possible.

Nice trick.  Now I have a better sense of some of the strengths of the f/H
approach.

Is there any reason these things could not happen with Rydberg H2
(in contrast to inverse-Rydberg H2), deformed under an electromagnetic
field, where the nuclei are far to one end of the electron shells?

Eric