Jed sez:

Quoting Asimov's "The Last Question"

>      "Sure you are. You're weak on logic, that's the trouble with you.
> You're like the guy in the story who was caught in a sudden shower and who
> ran to a grove of trees and got under one. He wasn't worried, you see,
> because he figured when one tree got wet through, he would just get under
> another one."

Weellll…let me throw a little wrench into that argument if I may. Some
of those trees will take a little longer to get thoroughly wet! Some a
lot longer!

While it's true all stars will eventually burn through their nuclear
fuel we can at least delay the inevitable by choosing the right star
system to migrate to. I believe there exist a class of Red Dwarfs that
would be suitable for our purposes. Due to their small size and
over-all low gravity they won't burn through their nuclear fuel very
fast. We should either move (or build from scratch), a suitable planet
and position it in the right goldilocks position of this red dwarf
system. We can at least delay the inevitable by many many MANY
billions of years. I believe the life-span on some of these Red Dwarfs
has been estimated to be on the order of several magnitudes longer
than our own hot tempered yellow sun.

Plenty of time for additional hand wringing.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks