Jed and Ed!

Like I have pointed out earlier, you will get plasma fusion budget for cold
fusion research in no time using crowd-funding. It is easy to get few million
dollars to finance initial experiments and if there is any positive or even
suggestive results to be published, crowd funding potential will crow
exponentially after each published paper.

*

I have recently become huge fan of wind power. Therefore I welcome Obama's
initiative. It is very inspiring to think how drastically industrial production
must adapt to the chaotic energy production conditions that wind power will
provide. Factories must be redesigned from up to bottom, so that they can scale
up the production according the electricity price. But I think that automation
will help adapting.

Wind power is great, because it is very cheap, if and only if power hungry
society can efficiently adapt into changing power supply conditions. If it
cannot, then wind power is very expensive.

There is also one often neglected detail. First generation wind turbines are
relatively expensive and they require rare earth metals. However second
generation wind turbines are very very cheap because the bulk of the materials,
such as tower, rotor hub and neodymium, can be fully recycled. Therefore
effective life span for wind turbine is something over 40 years, not 25 years.
This means that the electricity produced is dirt cheap compared to to thermal
electric sources such as coal and nuclear.

—Jouni

Sent from my iPad