Rob,

Those were my (too quickly chosen) words - not Lattice's.

Certainly a definitive test must use very-clean, totally
characterized materials.  If the reports of measurable amounts of
transmutations in several LENR experiments are true, then (hopefully)
some measurable residues could remain after subjecting Li-battery
materials to large currents (especially if fractal surface and
bulk feature were present?)

The investigators are still puzzled by the failures.  See -

"U.S. regulators: Boeing 787 probe far from complete"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/24/us-boeing-dreamliner-idUSBRE90M0ZO20130124

This sort of reminds me of the 1951 Jimmy Stewart movie,
"No Highway in the Sky".

I hope the current investigation comes up with a conclusive explanation.

-- Lou Pagnucco