It doesn't have to melt, just slide off into the drink.

Hoyt Stearns

Scottsdale, Arizona US

From: David Roberson [mailto:dlrober...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:08 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:NHK: ocean levels may rise 9 m by 2100

Why would you think that these guys have better capability than the IPCC
group that predicts far less sea level rise?  Do they have some magic dust
or a new improved crystal ball?

On occasions a new concept is revealed which no one previously thought of
that results in enormous change.  I am not one to say that what you suggest
is not possible, but I would put a large bet on the likelihood that it will
not come about.   We need to think through circumstances and not jump like
scared rabbits at every broken twig.  OK, I admit that the climate change
might not be linear as you point out.  So, when will we begin to see these
effects to such a degree that it will become obvious?  If we must wait 50
years, then the rate of change required becomes far more difficult to
believe.

Also, you make a comparison that is nonsense.  It takes time to melt ice as
well as a lot of energy.  Have you looked at the temperature in Antarctica
recently?  I suggest you make a summer visit to the interior and take off
your coat for a while if you want to see how quick the ice is going to melt.
Now, where is the extra energy coming from that is going to turn this ice
into water?

The task that these guys have taken upon themselves is miles above their
heads.  Did you carefully read the article and find an out just in case
their theory is not accurate?  That type of nonsense is typical of the
propaganda being spewed by folks with an agenda of some kind.   We are not
required to take seriously every statement made by every researcher Jed as
that is the best recipe I know of leading to paralysis due to overload of
your mind.  Nothing would ever be accomplished if intelligent people are
incapable of making decisions as to what they think has credibility and what
does not.  The burden is upon the ones that make such fantastic claims to
prove that they are right, until that time we are under no obligation.

Dave