Harry, I can only say that my program has not calculated any significant excess
power during all the trials that I attempted.  My current belief is that the
amount of infrared radiation compared to heat energy that escapes through the
surface varies with time.  Unfortunately, IR from the wires is not all captured
by the glass envelop so a portion does not leave a heat trace behind.  On
occasions a deposit of material has been discovered on the Celani wire that
likely changes the IR emissivity of that particular wire with time.

If less IR is released, then more direct conducted heat through the hydrogen is
measured since the sum of these is known.  I consider this behavior as a drift
in the calibration which then appears to indicate more or in some cases less
excess heat.  In every program run that immediately follows an accurate
calibration, I find very good correlation between the input power calculated by
my curve fit and the actual known value.  Now, if excess power were generated,
it would likely depend upon temperature of the cell and its contents.  This
additional power pulse should impact the behavior of the temperature versus
time curve that my program produces.  More excess power should increase the
slope of the curve when it happens while any absorption should do the reverse.
 So far, I have not seen clear evidence of this effect.

Additional evidence that only a small amount of excess power is generated is
demonstrated by the excellent quadratic curve fit that I obtain with a test run
that uses well defined power steps.  This very close curve fit has so far
always been observed.  My belief is that if much excess power were generated,
it would certainly show up at the elevated power inputs more than at the lower
power steps.  If this actually were to occur  the curve fit would be poor.  I
have simulated an escaping radiation system that appears to behave in a like
manner.  The forth order power radiation from the wire was made to vary in my
simulation.  A significant portion of this was captured within the simulation
along with all of the conduction equivalent heat energy.   At the outer glass
equivalent test point, I noticed that it was easy to get an excellent quadratic
curve fit with just a little distortion caused by the escaping forth order
radiation effects.

I was amazed that I could choose values for the radiation escape process that
resulted in a curve fit which came close to the R^2 values that I typically
observe.  Much of this could be coincidence, but at least it appeared to come
close to what I see.  And, of course, as I adjusted the effective radiation,
the calibration appeared to drift similar to what I think might be happening in
the real testing.

So Harry, my program seems to be capable of weeding out the behavior of the
Celani replication device in real time provided the calibration does not drift
too quickly.  But you should also consider that it might not capture the excess
power generation if it comes into existence in some very slow manner.   Of
course, the program would display any slowly rising excess power after the
transient step response has settled down.  This is very much like shooting at a
moving target.

It is apparent that a better method of capturing and measuring the excess power
is required if we are to have confidence in our determination.   The MFMP guys
are testing a much improved calorimeter that everyone hopes will achieve that
goal.  This does not appear to be such an easy task, but they are working hard
toward that end.  After the calorimeter is completed and calibrated, I hope
that we can gain confidence in any conclusions that are made.  For now, there
is a lot of speculation that needs to be proven one way or the other.

Dave