Ahh, the old jump through these hoops and we might publish reply.
Considering they said "pretty minor" it may be they hit their limits on
number of articles.   I wouldn't be too discouraged.   You might want to be
proactive with the publishers, give them a call on the phone ... poke
around,  ask questions, just see what kind of people you have to deal with.
 Certainly the thing now of days is to have a blog or web presents. Partial
self publishing can bring eyeballs to your subject.  Persevere on Frank.
 Your work is good.