Jed,

For cell phone the maximum power from the mobile is given by the equilibrium
between Uplink (Handset -> base station) and Downlink (Base station ->
Handset). Hopefully, base stations have a better maximum power and also a
better sensitivity for the receive path (around -110 dBm). The mobile
sensitivity for the best one is -102 dBm.

At the beginning of a call, the mobile is emitting at full power. Then the
power is decreased over time if reception conditions are good at base
station. The goal is to reduce interferences with other mobiles and safe the
batteries. At the norm establishment (end 80s, early 90s) there was no
health consideration.

For GSM 2G 900Mhz Band, the maximum power is 2W (33 dBm)

For GSM 2G 1800Mhz Band, the maximum power is 1W (30 dBm)

For 3G, the maximum limit is 1W (not sure but around 1W)

For CDMA and PCS (used in USA), the powers are in the same value range.

For LENR point of view, if we want to make cell phone powered by LENR, there
is no need to have a 2W LENR power device because:

            In call, the power is decreased over time.

            In standby mode (no call), consumption is very low.

The best should have a battery charged by small LENR device of tenth of mW
electric. Battery would be charged when the mobile is in standby mode (no
call). Even with an efficiency of 5% to convert heat to electricity, only a
0.5W heat LENR device is far enough. 0.5W can be dissipated easily out of
the cell phone.

More generally, all nomad devices have a low power profile. They do not need
for the generation of supercondensateurs for example, but LENR well.

Arnaud

  _____