On Apr 30, 2013, at 2:35 PM, David Roberson wrote:

I agree with what you are saying Jed. LENR would have long ago been understood had the theories that were current in physics been able to explain it.

Dave, this is not the reason LENR has been rejected. The two basic reasons are:

1. People expected LENR to behave exactly like hot fusion. When it did not have the expected radiation, the claim was rejected. The claims of LENR not being consistent with laws of physics is only based on the laws that apply to hot fusion. No conflict exists with the basic laws of physics other than the conflicts in several of the proposed theories.

2. The second reason was the inability of critical people to replicate the claim. Now rejection is based on complete ignorance of what has been discovered.

We need the open minded thinking that is seen in vortex to eventually hit upon the idea that leads to success.

The process is not like playing poker and hoping for a good combination of cards. Many very smart people who have studied the effect for years are trying to put the pieces together. A discussion resulting in random ideas having no relationship to what has been observed will have no value and the result will not be accepted by anyone of importance.

Of course, it is important to have the knowledge contained within the minds of those that have been struggling for years on the problems. They bring common sense to the table and they should easily be able to point out flaws in new concepts and ideas if the evidence points in other directions.

Yes, and that is what several people have been trying to do, but you see how little success they have.

It would not be too surprising for a young kid to come up with the key concept in his shower one day. One of us older guys might get lucky as well, but we tend to be too set in our ways!

Old guys are set in their ways but they also have knowledge, which young guys lack. Somehow a happy medium must be found.

I encourage others to open their minds and let ideas flow out. It is important to keep from discouraging free thought in situations such as this.

I'm not trying to discourage free discussion and new ideas. I'm trying to discourage ideas based on ignorance.

Ed Storms

Dave