On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Teslaalset <robbiehobbiesh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I just wonder whether crystalization / re-crystalization of the nickel do
> overrule the initial particle structures.

No. DGT says that there is a great increase in boron and beryllium near the
NAE. So material composition of the NAE is not important.

> Since Rossi indicates that shuting down an e-cat takes a few hours,
> probably due to overcooling, leaves the heated nickel in an amorfhous form.

 This brings up and interesting comparison between the Rossi reactor and
the DGT reactor.

Rossi runs his reactor very close to criticality because he uses heat to
produce electrons on the surface of his powder. The powder must be charged
like a capacitor.

DGT runs a subcritical electron powder charge. They use spark discharge to
increase the charge concentration on the surface of their micro-powder.
They pulse the spark at an optimum rate to get their micro powder to
criticality.

Because the DGT powder is sub-critical, DGT can stop it easily by not
adding charge to the powder surface when it is required.

Stopping electron recharge stops the DGT reaction is short order. As an
option, they can also reduce the pressure of the dielectric gas to increase
the release of electric charge from the surface of the powder.

> It may even be that the nickel needs to be specifically in an amorphous or
> in a crysteline form to allow starting up the extra heat generation.

The detailed composition of the nanowires in and close to the NAE is not
important. There is substantial transmutation in and near the NAE produced
by the nanowire.

However, the dipole character of the micro powder is important.

Transmutation does not occur very far from the NAE so charges in the
character of nickel in the bulk of the micro-powder do not happen.