Andrea Rossi
May 9th, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Dear Tom Conover:
We are testing low temperature tigers, for now, of 100 kW. All our reactors now
have activator and E-Cat, allowing us an activator with a COP more than 1 and
E-Cat with COP in the hundreds.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

- - -

Andrea Rossi
May 10th, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Dear Andrea:
The average COP of the activator is 1.02 – 1.1; the average COP of the E-Cat is
from 100 to 200.
Margin of error about 10%.
The activator is turned on for about the 35% of the operation time.
This is what we are getting from prototypes working in these days in the USA.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

- - - -

Steven N. Karels
May 10th, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

Interesting information on the “Tiger”. You discussed an Activator and an eCat,
with COPs of greater than one and greater than 100, respectively. Can you
please clarify the following:

a. Does the Activator, as its name implies, primarily function during cold
start-up?
b. After stable operation is achieved, is the Activator primarily inactive?
c. As suggested, it appears this eCat has its own control system, with an
observed COP of 100 or greater. Please confirm.
d. The 200 kilogram “Tiger” is a single reactor outputting thermal power around
100 kW?
e. What are the rough dimensions of the “Tiger”?

- - -

Andrea Rossi
May 10th, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Dear Steven N. Karels:
a- yes, but it drives the cycle of the E-Cat too
b- the activator works for about the 65% of the operational time of the system
c- yes, 100-200
d- still a prototype, and yes
e- the volume is about 0.2 m^3
Warm Regards,
A.R.

- - -

Steven N. Karels
May 10th, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

Please, a little clarification on the Activator.

a. If the Tiger eCat has a nominal output of 100kW, does the Activator have a
lower output when it is running (e.g., 10kW)?
b. After turn-on, is the Activator active 35% or 65% of the operating time?
c. Would the average COP of the entire Tiger eCat be equal to the average total
power output (eCat plus Activator) divided by the total input power going to
the Tiger eCat plus the Activator?

- -

Andrea Rossi
May 10th, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Dear Steven N. Karels:
First of all, we must make a distinction between the fact that we are working
to make bigger modules ( “tigers”) from the fact that we have mofified the
configuration of all our E-Cats, putting in a apparatus two components, one of
which is the activator and the other the E-Cat. One thing is indipendent from
the other. The power of the activator depends on the situations, but being its
COP more than 1 the energy of the activator is paid by itself, indipendently
from the E-Cat.
The activator works for the 35% of the operational time of the system, while
the E-Cat works for the 65% of the time.
Warm Regards,
A.R.