From: eric.wal...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 19:43:44 -0700
Subject: Re: [Vo]:[Vo] substitutes?
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

It appears that you would like to see an experiment where the mix of D to P is
adjusted.  Have you seen any correlation in the data from earlier tests that
support the idea that a 50/50 mix would be the most active?

When it comes to Ni/H, I have almost no data to work with -- just a reaction
that will not produce gammas (assuming it can even proceed).  I do not know
what Rossi has said on the topic, and I take Bob's word that Rossi has said
that more D2 did not improve things.

Here are some interesting thoughts to add, though:This reaction does not
produce 4He, which to my knowledge has only been seen with Pd/D and not with
Ni/H.

In hot fusion, I believe p+d will proceed preferentially over d+d.I do not
necessarily think a ratio different from the natural one (1 D2 per ~6000 H2)
would be more efficient -- there may be something about d clogging things up in
the environment that would decrease the rate of reaction if there were more of
it, although this is a parameter that could be fiddled with. So a ratio of 1:1
for d/p might work out or it might mess things up.

As I mentioned earlier, without some kind of recharging, the d in this scenario
would be consumed and any reaction would peter out.I like this reaction more as
the source of heat than one involving Ni+p and a specific isotope of Ni (or
hydrinos, or hydrotons) simply because it sounds vaguely more plausible, and
because it dovetails nicely with my favorite hypothesis for Pd/D, which is the
d+d+Pd→4He+Pd reaction I'm always looking into.  That is to say there is a
mechanism for triggering the reaction (Auger-like kicking of the protons and
deuterons when an x-ray comes in from the environment and scatters on an inner
shell Nickel electron). So my reasons for liking this reaction are not very
profound.

Eric