Many of the comments at Forbes are toxic. The Skeptics have not given an
inch. Mary Yugo remains convinced it is fraud. She imagines she has found
many problems with it.

I am not surprised.

This will also be the reaction of many mainstream scientists. I doubt there
is any chance these tests will have an impact on the broader scientific
community. I hope they will have an impact on a small number of people who
are thinking of funding cold fusion. The tests were paid for by the Danish
Energy Association which is a mainstream industry association. Most
mainstream academic physicists will not believe cold fusion until
commercial products are developed, but people at the Association may take
the experiments at face value. It seems that is what Hoistad has done.