On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark Gibbs wrote:
>
>  Essen, Rossi's site notes, was at one time critical of Rossi and the
>> E-Cat. Anyone got any citations?
>>

> He published some strong remarks, years ago. I expect you can find them
> easily with Google. He was the president of the Swedish Skeptics Society,
> so it is no surprise he had it in for Rossi, and for cold fusion in general.
>
> I find it almost miraculous that anyone connected with a "Skeptics
> Society" can bring himself to say anything positive about cold fusion.
> Essen is not your typical capital-S Skeptic.

I have not seen any critical remarks from Essen on Rossi, or any evidence
that he "had it in for cold fusion".

However, in 2006, he published a paper (arXiv:physics/0607138v1
[physics.plasm-ph] 14 Jul 2006) on a cold fusion related theory, entitled
"Catalyzing Fusion with Relativistic Electrons", so it seems he has a
history of some sympathy for the field. There may be some connection here
to the WL theory.

In fact, it may be that he has an interest in seeing his theory have some
relevance.