One thing at a time Harry; one thing at a time.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Harry Veeder
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:00 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Constant temperature Operation of ECAT?

  You are neglecting the "I-can't-see-inside" sceptics.

  Harry

  On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Andrew <andrew...@att.net> wrote:

    Seems to me that if active cooling control is used as the only control
input, thus satisfying the "unplug it!" sceptics (and I'm one of them), then it
only has a chance of working if there is good thermal contact and good thermal
conductivity and substantial enough heat capacity in the active cooling
implementation. I don't know why this is supposed to be hard. Gaming PC's of
the high-end variety use this all the time. Prompt temperature feedback to the
cooling pump is all that's needed, plus a simple PID controller. This is very
well-known technology.