Nickel oxide is removed pretty easily in H2 at about 310C.  Once it is
removed, you will see the sintering begin at the same temperature.  The
clean Ni surfaces begin to bond and the particles begin to grow.  That is
why, in part you must add the catalyst powder - to prevent the wholesale
sintering of the Ni.

The catalyst nanopowder I have been experimenting with is Fe2O3 nanopowder.
 The oxide nanopowders are much less expensive and are less dangerous to
handle.  Still, they must be handled in a dry glove box because the
humidity will cause the nanopowder to agglomerate by hydrophyllic bonding.
 If the nanopowder agglomerates, you may be unable to get the nanoscale
mixing onto your Ni powder.

Bob

--

Regards,