On May 31, 2013, at 4:40 AM, Rob Dingemans wrote:

Hi,

On 30-5-2013 22:48, Edmund Storms wrote:
I agree Dave, I have been providing this explanation for several years without any effect. I'm glad you are adding your voice. The critical point at which the temperature must be reduced depends on the degree of thermal contact between the source of energy (the Ni powder) and the sink (The outside world). The better the thermal contact between these two, the higher the stable temperature and the greater the COP. Rossi has not achieved a COP even close to what is possible.

Ok, suppose that it is extremely difficult (I don't want to say impossible, as nothing is impossible) to enhance the thermal contact between the source of energy and the sink, wouldn't it be wise then to put the whole system in a temperature controlled box (let's call it a refrigerator) with a constant temperature to obtain a stable environment for the E-cat?

Rob, practical use requires two conditions. The heat source must be stable and the resulting temperature of the energy must be high. These two conditions are not directly related. Very good thermal contact with the sink can be achieved while the sink is at high temperature. Nevertheless, the sink temperature, although high, must be stable, which will create another control problem as this source of energy is applied to practical devices. I can predict that this problem will limit the use of CF power. I can anticipate some serious and challenging engineering problems in the future that Rossi is just starting to deal with.

Ed Storms

To bring up another analogy it is my understanding that when you have a steam engine and you are turning at several handles and wheels at the same time it is extremely difficult to get the system stable with an optimum output. It sounds to me that Andrea is having a similar problem with the E- cat, he should try to "freeze" the environment of the E-cat as much as possible and then work on ONE control to gain better COP.

Kind regards,

Rob