Hi !  Welcome on board.

> I have skimmed a few recent threads discussing thermal modeling using
> SPICE that David Roberson (and others?) has been posting about, and
> finally found a point I might add.

David has been concentrating on the control aspects, I have been doing RC
modelling similar to that described in your very helpful paper.

I did a detailed mesh model of a heat exchanger ... but gave it up because it
was too sensitive to the parameter for heat transfer from water to metal.

See http://lenr.qumbu.com/rossi_ecat_oct11_c.php   and
http://lenr.qumbu.com/rossi_ecat_oct11_spice.php

I'm now working on an RC model of the eCat .. progressing from a lumped model
to a ladder model.

The heat from the resistors is indeed represented by a step function (actually,
a quick rise, a 150 sec hold, and a quick fall with an off time of 300 seconds)
the overall time constant being about 1000 seconds.

Some elements of the model can be calibrated from data given by the
experimenters -- others could be obtained from data they have, but have not
released. (Basically, we need the rise time when the ecat is first turned on,
and the fall time when it is turned off.)

My present results are interesting, but inconclusive ... I'll try and get some
plots later today.

We all seem to be using ltspice
http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/?gclid=COjAl8aKxrcCFSFyQgodoUUAHQ#LTspice

I'm happy to share my models/schematics  with anyone who wants them. (Warts and
all)

If anyone wants a specific sub-task, it's writing a nonlinear model for the
radiation component.

Power is known to vary as (T1^4 - T0^4) : I have a model that works for a
voltage source, but goes bananas (technical term : laymen don't have to use it)
for a current source.