That's something. It is sort of the opposite of most calorimeters, but I
guess it should work. It says:

"Instead of measuring the exact mass flow rate, or the volume flow rate,
however, we measure the heat capacity flow rate."

What they mean is, they have a "metering heater." That's the second heater,
placed in line just before the copper cell. It adds a precise amount of
heat to the flow, and they measure the temperature rise from that. The next
temperature rise -- from the copper cell -- can then be compared to the
"metering heater" temperature change.

The flow rate is only 15 ml/minute which makes me worry that the mixing may
not be effective. There may be streamlines. They did give some thought to
mixing, putting the sensors after right angle tube connections.