These are just the extraterrestrial neutrinos, there are other types of
cosmic rays which could be triggering the sporadic excess heat we can see.

Though that begs an interesting question.  Is there a way to scale up and
catch as many cosmic rays as possible?  How much energy could we generate
from that?