John Franks <jf27...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Everyone will tell you, until you sort out the mechanism (not nuts and
> bolts) but how this would be possible in a conservative field, there is
> little point in experimenting.

You have that backward. Cold fusion was discovered by experiment. We know
it is real because it has been widely replicated, often at high signal to
noise ratios. There is no theory to explain it.

You seem to believe that science must begin with theory and then proceed to
experiment. That does happen from time to time, but more often it begins
with a discovery which only later is explained by theory.

Even if you can show that theory predicts cold fusion cannot exist, that
only proves the theory is wrong. It is fundamental to the scientific method
that when theory and experiment conflict, experiment always wins.

It may be that you are not familiar with the experimental evidence, such as
heat beyond the limits of chemistry, the fact that no chemical fuel exists
in the cells and no chemical changes are found, and the tritium and helium.
I suggest you learn about these things before commenting on this research.

I suggest you tone it down, and do your homework.