From: mixent <mix...@bigpond.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Jan 16, 2014 4:03 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Some ECAT Model Observations

Hi,
[snip]
>My model can use any function that I choose for this purpose with the
>exception
of delay mechanisms.  I suppose that they could also be incorporated if there
is
a good reason to believe that they are present and important.

The cooling will always be delayed somewhat, due to the slow speed of thermal
conduction. Hence thermal resistance will always play a crucial role. The lower
the resistance, the faster the cooling can respond, and the more easily a high
value exponent function can be controlled.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk