Thanks Frank . and BTW - for those not familiar with Frank's observations .
it should be mentioned, even though he did not, that this parameter space
seems to be consistent (or within a close range) with "megahertz-meter" .
no?

From: fznidar...@aol.com

Brilliant work Jones.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones Beene

About 7 years ago here on Vortex - before the plasmon/polariton technology

was being spread around cyberspace as being particularly relevant to some
types of LENR (by NASA no less)- and long before the Rossi HotCat, we raised
a relevant issue called "triple coherency".

Basically, the question was posed: What would happens if one can engineer a
constant and coherent flux of three different forms of mass/energy within a
closed reactor:

1) photons
2) electrons (local AC)
3) phonons

And moreover would a "new kind of condensate" emerge? A 'new kind of
condensate' means a macro-state in which we are not restricted by bosons or
by near zero Kelvin temperatures, but are considering the next larger
plateau of interlocking geometries, which are conjoined by abnormal but
coherent energy dynamics at a higher level. It is misleading to refer to
this as a BEC.

Forcing all three parameters into some kind of mutual coherency (or
superradiance) would be limited by several factors, mostly by the geometric
excursion possibilities of the heaviest (densest) component: phonons.
Therefore this kind of triple-coherency could probably only happen in the IR
(far infrared or FIR) spectrum, since melting or easy deformation of the
lattice structure would be expected at anything over about 1000C.

This state of dynamic triple-coherency, which is happening well above the
cryogenic range of the BEC, could be a 'sine qua non' of one very special
form of LENR - the Rossi effect.

BTW - we call this technology "nickel-hydrogen", but the lattice can be
composed of other transition metals or alloys, besides nickel. I mention
that to counter one of Mills remarks that his reaction is not like Rossi's
because he does not need nickel per se. Nickel happens to have the needed
lattice (phonon and magnetic) properties at a relatively low price, but the
Rossi effect can probably happen without it.

Anyway, looking back on this flash of insight (triple coherency) now, it
seems pretty clear that the hypothesis fits quite well with the idea of
surface plasmons being stimulated by IR in the range seen in the HotCat
which seems to involve  geometry of 5-30 microns for the phonon or exciton,
and with a corresponding electron "hole" of a similar dimension, and 3-30
THz for the photon and the plasmon, around which we find a local AC field.

Therefore, to put an actual value on the key variable which is to be made
coherent - we could start with something like 27 THz as the desired
frequency. Check out the extremely sharp peak here between 10.5 and 11
microns. This is why the HotCat is using SiC.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9903031.pdf

Jones