Eric, your point is well taken. Very little IP can now be patented and defended. The ideas have either been described in rejected patents or they have been described in public. Any attempts made now to get a patent would only make the lawyers rich. Most of the patents presently granted also have very limited value, other than as comfort food.

The important patent will result from correctly understanding the mechanism and applying it in the most effect way. The resulting recipe will be so good that no other improvement would be possible. Right now all the recipes are so poor, they could easily be improved, thereby making them irrelevant. The game can still be won, but not by the way it is presently being played.

Ed Storms