KEvin, this is almost 9 year old article.  It's well covered on Wikipedia.
 They're using Pyroelectric crystals and call it Pyroelectric fusion.

THe finnish patent recommends using pyroeltric crystals as a catalyst /
particle accelerator to increase the energy gain with LENR.  It's an
interesting idea.