From: Jones Beene
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:08 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:MFMP starting work with nickel powder

From: a.ashfield

See
http://www.quantumheat.org/index.php/en/follow/powder-test-cells/361-powder-push

There seems a disagree   ment, with MFMP saying.
"In the E-cat reactor, the Rydberg state is probably created by using of some
radioactive isotope, while in the Hyperion reactor a high voltage discharge is
used."

And Rossi confirming again today that he uses no radioactive materials.
" I repeatedly wrote, said that we do not use radioactive materials of sort, do
not produce radioactive materials of sort,"

Anyway, I'm glad to see the MFMP going this route that, to me, sounds much more
promising to generate significant power.

I think they are getting off to a terrible start on an early design choice. It
will doom this project if they stick with it.

A homemade pulsed power supply is NOT the way to go. Ahern had a fabulous
pulsed power supply built by an leading expert - and it failed on the first
day. Skimping on this component. Or trying to do it oneself - is beyond stupid.

BTW Ahern has a provisional patent application on using pulsed power with
nanopowder for thermal gain, if it should hold up but that should stop no one
from trying it.

Best advice is to buy a good used EDM power supply on eBay or elsewhere. EDM is
a mature and robust technology, and one could never build an adequate home-made
system which compares to what is available on the used market. Another option
would be to work with an EDM manufacturer. They would stand to benefit in the
end.

There is always a risk with used equipment, but the risks may be far greater
with do-it-yourself.

To backtrack – whatever you may think about him, no one on the planet has more
experience with Rydberg states than Mills/BLP. Mills theory is based on
achieving this via catalysis instead of brute force. That is precisely why
Rossi does not need a radioactive seed any longer, but he probably did use one
in his initial demo – which Celani detected. That could have been due to
Rossi’s desire to make absolutely sure it started – since there were dozens of
high level observers in attendance.

We know - from the Rossi spectroscopy scan which he inadvertently left in an
early patent filing, that Rossi used a great deal of potassium in his mix –
which is exactly the catalyst used by Thermacore and others. I doubt if this
mix has changed very much. A catalyst with pulsed power is what DGT uses. It is
almost certainly potassium-based since they admit to copying Rossi’s formula

(and you get a little radioactivity for free in the 40K).

Please, anyone who is contact with Hunt – alert him to the fact that there is a
far better option than trying to build one’s own pulse power supply, even if
getting hold of a good EDM supply costs far more than this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-EDM-Power-Supply-/120700449368?pt=US_Heavy_Equipment&hash=item1c1a4eb258

Jones