Dave, I am not sure what you mean by different angle. The orientation of
the two particles hasn't changed, but they are connected by a spring.
If my example does not make the paradox undeniably clear, then please see
John's dramatic example.
I don't know if the Biot Savart law for current carrying wires would be
affected by a resolution of this paradox.

Harry