In my latest design, I'm using a TI MSP430FR5969 which has ferroelectric
RAM.  It's really nice to be able to go back to the

old magnetic core memory days where the RAM was non-volatile.  No boot time
needed, the system retains its current

state even if the power goes off--instant on.  There's no write degradation,
and it's fast.  FRAM ( and the other non-volatile technologies: MRAM,
SPINRAM, Phase Change RAM etc. ) are the future.

I foresee the day when there will only be one kind of memory to replace RAM,
ROM, FLASH,  DISKs, CACHEs etc.  No need for

a memory hierarchy at all,  just semi infinite fast terabyte storage on the
chip.

Hoyt Stearns

Scottsdale, Arizona US