VERY INTERESTING!

From: Axil Axil [mailto:janap...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:20 PM
To: vortex-l
Subject: EXTERNAL: [Vo]:My personal brilliant blunder

Mario Livio states as follows:  "In my own life as a scientist, there was one
occasion when I felt that a deep secret of nature had been revealed to me. This
was my personal brilliant blunder. I remember it with joy, even though my
dreams of glory were shattered. It was a blissful experience. It arose out of
work that I did with my colleague Andrew Lenard from Indiana University,
investigating the stability of ordinary matter. We proved by a laborious
mathematical calculation that ordinary matter is stable. The physical basis of
stability is the exclusion principle, a law of nature saying that two electrons
can never be in the same state. Matter is stable against collapse because every
atom contains electrons and the electrons resist being squeezed together.

My blunder began when I tried to extend the stability argument to other kinds
of particles besides electrons. We can divide particles into two types in three
different ways. A particle may be electrically charged or neutral. It may be
weakly or strongly interacting. And it may belong to one of two types that we
call fermions and bosons in honor of the Italian physicist Enrico Fermi and the
Indian physicist Satyendra Bose. Fermions obey the exclusion principle and
bosons do not. So each particle has eight possible ways to make the three
choices. For example, the electron is a charged weak fermion. The light quantum
is a neutral weak boson. The famous particle predicted by Peter Higgs, and
discovered in 2012 at the European Centre for Nuclear Research (CERN), is a
neutral strong boson.

I observed in 1967 that seven of the eight possible combinations were seen in
nature. The one combination that had never been seen was a charged weak boson.
The missing type of particle would be like an electron without the exclusion
principle. Next, I observed that our proof of the stability of matter would
fail if electrons without the exclusion principle existed. So I jumped to the
conclusion that a charged weak boson could not exist in a stable universe. This
was a new law of nature that I had discovered. I published it quietly in a
mathematical journal."

Oh contraire; but what Mario Livio had not understood was that electrons can
become bosons when they combine with photons to form the quasi-particle the
polariton in condensed matter physics.

Because they are bosons, Polaritons can be squeezed together in a special case
called LENR.  This squeezing can provide polaritons and the electrons that lurk
within them with massive amounts of energy because one time fermions avoid the
constraints of the exclusion principle. As a result of this marriage of
electron and boson and the unusual conditions of their wedding, matter does
fall apart when exposed to polaritons under these very special conditions.

Mario Livio should get his old book of equations out and brush it off. Soon we
will need that book of equations for reference.