To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 9:26 AM
Subject: RE: [Vo]:The Dirty Dozen Basic routes to thermal gain for hydrogen in a lattice

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Cook

Jones Bob here--

You indicated the following:

 >> Chris did not mention SPP implying that he probably does not know of
the plasmon polariton mechanism. It's too late now even though applications
can be altered and augmented (but one loses priority).

Has anyone you know mentioned SPP in a patent?

Yes but the first instance is not clear. See Egely: WO 2012164323 A3
https://www.google.com/patents/WO2012164323A3

But one cannot be the inventor of anything already known in prior art
whether it is mentioned in a patent filing or in the scientific literature.

Mention of SPP was made in the literature as far back as 1985. The first
instance I can find on Vortex is from GJB in 2011:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40eskimo.com/msg58521.html

But I think the main credit for SPP in LENR goes to Julian Brown. I cannot
find the exact paper but he is/was prolific.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0711.1878

This is an important point and it would be helpful to track it down, but I
do not have time today.

Jones