The length of track ( the number of railroad ties) under the train in the
train's frame of reference is greater than in the frame of reference of
someone at rest relative to the tracks. Since the train's paint sprayers
are effectively touching the track they will have to leave behind marks
with more track (more railroad ties) in between the marks then the marks
left behind by the shortened train.

The paradox can be made to vanish by insisting the events be synchronized
by sending signals first. Relativity says the signals will not be received
simultaneously in both frames of reference so there will only be one set of
spray marks although I am not sure what the distance between the marks will
be at this stage. Only by changing the thought experiment and incorporating
that signal can an observer in the rest frame declare the events to be
non-synchronous in his frame.

harry