----- Original Message -----
  From: John Berry
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 12:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Electromagnetic inertia

  On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 3:04 AM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    John--

    Three points for clarification:
    How is the solenoid move, along the axis, perpendicular to the axis or
rotate around the axis?

  In the case of increasing inertia, there is one solenoid and if you saw it as
an O of your screen, it would accelerate to the right with that orientation.
  You could say in this case that the magnetic field axis is perpendicular to
the acceleration axis.

  In the case of decreasing inertia, the axis of of the magnetic field of each
coil is aligned to the axis of acceleration, and one coil is in front and one
behind.
  If we were to try this on a spaceship, we would wrap one coil around the
front of the spaceship, and one around the rear.

    Do you assume the electrons within the solenoid move at the velocity and
acceleration of the solenoid?  If so why?

  Because electrons tend to stay in the wire.
  Additionally all electromagnets could be replaced by permanent magnets.

    Why do you assume the magnetic field moves with the speed of light?

  It might move instantaneously, in fact I believe that could be the disproof
of this idea.

  But in doing so it destroys Special Relativity, though not my goal this time,
it is still a worthwhile discovery.

      It would seem it moves relative to the electrons motion and with
inductive feedback force on the electrons.  So a question is how fast does the
inductive force happen?

  That is a good question.
  After writing this I did find a claim that near-fields propagate
instantaneously.

  But there is no way around it, if they do Special Relativity is a fiction.

  BTW here is another version that might make it clearer:

  Increase of inertia:
  Make a square solenoid air core coil, we will label the sides left, right and
up and down.

  At rest all sides of the solenoid repel the opposite sides equally leading to
no net force.
  If we see the square coil as a square on our monitor and we suddenly
accelerate it to the right, the left side of the coil will see it has now moved
closer to the right side as it still sees the initial position (both visually
and magnetically), it is literally moving into a denser portion of the right
sides magnetic field because of a light speed delay, and feels a stronger
repulsion.

  And the right side sees it has moved further away from the left side as it
still sees the old position initially again so the right side feels a reduced
repulsion as it is in a weaker portion of the magnetic field from the left.

  This means that a net magnetic force to the left is created, which opposes
the initial acceleration.
  It is as if the rest mass has increased by electromagnetic means.

  Note: It might help to make these coils 1 light second or larger in size for
visualization purposes.
  Decrease of inertia/Negative inertia:

  If instead of one coil we have 2 in attraction, with one at the front of out
spaceship and one at the back, if we suddenly accelerate the rear coil will see
it's attraction to the front coil has increased, and the front coil will see
it's attraction to the rear coil decreased, again because both coils initially
see the old position for the other coil.
  And if the rear coil is attracted forward more strongly than the front coil
is attracted back, this means that there is a net force assisting acceleration.

  Of course both of these effects would continue as long as acceleration is
applied.

  Why doesn't this break Newtons law that for every action there is an equal
and opposite reaction?
  And if that is broken so is the conservation of energy!

  If you accelerate an electron you get cyclotron/synchrotron radiation, if you
accelerate a magnet it is reasonable to assume some type of EM radiation is
created.

  This could then reasonably be assumed to be a variation of a light propulsion
(a photon rocket, or a solar sail).
  And hence not to breach any laws any more than than these are (which they
aren't).

  However because the magnetic fields could be supplied by permanent magnets,
the energy could be tapped from atomic states, what would happen I don't know,
maybe they would tap energy from the vacuum/ZPE to maintain it, or maybe the
mater would somehow disintegrate or just demagnetize.

  If made light enough, true net negative inertial resistance could be
envisioned, but this doesn't bare thinking about.

  The principle is based on the same light speed delay as this work by the DOE
for NASA, but their version uses switching which does not paint as certain a
picture:
  http://science.howstuffworks.com/ele...ropulsion1.htm

  This proves the idea is sound, even IF switched versions are superior in
practice.

  BTW any arguments based on issues with simultaneity will fail, so please
think twice before making that objection.

  Practical versions of this effect as a star drive could involve magnets that
undergo changes in magnetic orientation as they are being rapidly
accelerated/decelerated to switch between inertia being increased or decreased,
and as such creating a net momentum after accelerating and stopping the mass,
any low frequency radiation would need to be let out if this is assumed to not
breach Newtons 3rd law and the Conservation of energy.