Yeah I work for the second largest enterprise  software company.  Tbh,  I
see my betting as a higher contribution than my software.  Providing odds
for critical events allows people to plan for the future .. something we
all sorely need.   For example, saying that LENR has a 50% of occurring
allows energy and budget  planners to intelligently allocate their
investments an ensure that mass resources are not working irrelevanty.
This is a suble concept which unfortunately is not  being adopted widely.