P-51's are a kick. An 80 year old friend who flies once a week had a ride in one a couple years ago. He said it was one of the most thrilling things he ever did.

I almost got my license 3 or 4 years ago. My wife gave me the go ahead for my birthday. I have always wondered about that. I decided my judgment and reactions were not up to the requirements for such a new endeavor. I now work for a bush air service in Alaska during the summers. I get plenty of action landing with good pilots at the stick in places where there are no runways and nobody else fishing except the local bears and loons.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "MarkI-ZeroPoint" <zeropo...@charter.net>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:14 PM
Subject: RE: [Vo]:OFF TOPIC Atlanta PDK airshow and airplane joyrides

Would love to attend if I was in the area...

Did volunteer work at the Planes-of-Fame air museum in Chino, Calif. during my last year in college... was stripping the paint from a P-38 landing-gear door when Rick Brickert said,
"Mark, you been up in the '51 yet?"
  "No..."
"Let's go for a ride!"

What a ride it was...
At one point we were doin' 490 knots, and 50 feet off the deck at Lake Matthews!!

-mark