If you remember, John H said that in the !CCF-18 demo, the output
of reactor was steam but was reckoned as if it was 212 degree water to
establish a minimum COP level.

Is this what is bothering you (Jed) now?

It might have been better if DGT used a collapsible 1000 gallon solar water
tank as a heat sink where a simple water temperature measurement of the
water in that tank would reflect the heat generation of the reactor. Keep
it simple. But I know little about these matters of boiling water.