On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 4:32 AM, Danny Ross Lunsford <antimatte...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

the people who ignored it or actively blocked it and suppressed its
> researchers are exposed for the charlatans they are. Their record will be
> empty string theory, vapid cosmology, multidimensional hallucinations,
> science fiction universes, and ignorant attacks on a new branch of science.

I'm beginning to think what seems to have been a theoretical turn in the
past few decades is partly what is responsible for the negative reception
of the LENR research.  Perhaps many physicists have lost their intuitive
sense of what goes on in the physical world.  There are whole subfields of
physics that barely rely upon empirical evidence.  Hypothetically speaking
you might be able to connect string theory back to something that can be
observed in the world, but even if this is true, it's so abstract that
we've failed to do so yet.  Presumably there are famous physicists who have
devoted their careers to a subfield that has yet to give rise to observable
predictions.  One almost gets the sense that normal branches of physics (as
opposed to theoretical physics) are second-class ones where scientists get
their hands too dirty.  Much of physics gives the sense of essentially
being mathematics with additional fudge factor constants that you must
include in your equations from time to time.  My impression of the field is
that it has become a little rarified, and its practitioners are tangled up
in debates not unlike those of rabbinical scholars.

Eric