On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 07:54:01 +1000, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
Hi,
[snip]
This hydrogen enrichment can be accomplished with a membrane which is more porous to hydrogen than to oxygen. Many tightly woven fabrics like Gore-Tex are in this category. The idea is to split the HHO into two stream, one H-rich and the other O-rich. The H-rich steam will be ported into one end of the CC and the O-rich stream can come in from a hole drilled in the side of the CC. This separation via two steams provides a supply of hot H2 to react before it is converted to steam, but in the end, it still retains all the heat of the HHO plus the added heat of Ni-H. It is a bastardized approach
but it can work.

There is an even simpler method. Just use ordinary DC electrolysis, where the
oxygen and hydrogen are evolved at different electrodes, resulting in
a complete
separation from the start.

A gallium aluminium reaction might also be a good way to go;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JasZ8V6LpbQ

the oxygen ends up bound to the aluminium so I think you should end up with fairly pure hydrogen gas..

I've seen other videos that used this (gallium) paste;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cool-laboratory-Coollaboratory-Liquid-Pro-Liquid-Metal-Thermal-Paste-/351004610402?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

just put a few drops on a strip of aluminium from an old can.. should also work for producing deuterium gas using heavy water.

Rob