any link with Discrete Breather ? (naive idea)

Storms and the recent DB paper propose that hugely non linear soliton like
DB allow concentration and breathing...

Maybe the "twist" mode of the pocket can be that solitons

(since I don't understand all, I let expert explain me wrong)

following Storms idea we are looking for something that can concentrate
hundred of keV (less if as said in the DB paper there is screening, but I
did not understand what they mean), and then that can absorb MeV and
distribute in dozens of distinct keV quanta...

how? should call a quantum latice zoologist