This makes the approach of Edmund Storms sensible.
It seems clear that 24MeV gamma are not created...
why ? clearly the energy exist...
is it spread among hundreds of coherent particles ?
is it transmitted to charged particles instead ? seems impossible because
of momentum conservation, except if a pair of particle is emitted.
Is it transmited to intranuclear energy level ? seems impossible to have a
nucleus excited at 24MeV (is it?).

the idea that something can shield neutrons or 24MeV gamma, seems
unrealistic...

however the heat is there, the helium too, so even if it seems hard to
admit, we have to admit... the minimum of course... Occam Razor's rules!