On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Try Bechtel/Kresge. You do not need a visitors card there and they have
> most of the good Journals.

Good tip -- I'll take a look.

With the guest card I have, I can log onto the Berkeley campus-wide journal
site, download PDFs for just about any journal article (except, it
seems, *Fusion
Technology*) and print them out for a small fee.

What R&D are you talking about, specifically?

I was doing this reading about a year ago, when I was coming up to speed on
the journal articles that were published in mainstream journals between
1989 to around 1992, before scientists lost enthusiasm and the tacit
journal embargo really kicked in.  Contrary to what I suggested earlier in
my toungue-in-cheek description, this reading was actually almost entirely
unrelated to the arc discharge stuff, although there are details that I
remember from the early articles that are interesting.

Eric