Lets call time before the big bang as BBB.  So what was around 1 billion years
BBB?

If we choose to believe that time has been passing forever then there would be
plenty of time for life to develop during the past.  There is sufficient
evidence that everything we see today was produced during and after the assumed
big bang, but what if time itself was slowed down at the initialization of the
big bang such that an infinite amount of it has passed since that zero point.

Our measurement techniques and assumptions lead us to believe that 13+ odd
billion years has elapsed, but what if we are wrong?  According to relativity,
immense mass concentration slows down the rate of time passage and it is
difficult to imagine a more dense concentration than that of the initial big
bang mass of the entire known universe.

So, if an infinite amount of time has passed since the big bang there is no
concern about how long it might take life to take form.  There is also no need
to be concerned about what was before the big band since that was an infinite
amount of time ago.  In this scenario we take advantage of the behavior of
infinite processes.

To expand on this idea.  Perhaps the present assumption of a period of
universal inflation is really just a patch to make the time frames fit into our
best guess for the age of the universe.   Our perception of the rate at which
time passes is established by the world around us and ensures that we will find
it difficult to imagine a universe of infinite time duration.  The same can be
said of our perception of an infinite space.  With the proposition I am
outlining above, both of these dimensions are allowed to be unbounded and can
fit into our observations.

I make no claim that this idea is original since the principle seems so simple,
and I personally tend to consider it open minded thinking.

Dave