Daniel,
I agree with you that the age part is not so essential. It is a little bit
true because there is a common believe that Einstein had it right. I think
the attitude is of more importance than the age. I am amazed that the
report does omit the big change in how the funding society works and have
evolved.
Government is the primary source today and universities are the route for
funding.
The private route is through large banks (which have outlived themselves
btw). Both are large organizations, which forms decisions on statistics and
general policies. Creditscore!
Anyone who has tried to get to a Controversial Result in a committee knows
that it is impossible. One need to persuade individuals to side with ones
opinion and then press this opinion on the group. The  reason is that very
few people will take the risk of being wrong. In large organizations nobody
get rewarded for taking a risk and nobody get punished for doing as the
majority. I believe that we will see a reaction to this big scale policy
driven society. I further think that now is the time for change. The
internet and a fantastic resource for fast and direct communication between
people willing to take action would outdo all the established channels like
banks and government. This is of course not directly related to LENR.
A hundred years ago we found out that having control of the whole chain was
essential. Reason are obvious, uneducated labor needed a lot of support,
nobody could provide standard products to be utilized in the emerging
industries i.e. automotive. We have since learnt to outsource, society has
offered education for a large portion of the population, trade unions have
shaped the workplace, the 'Edwards Deming' revolution, just in time
programs etc. basically are opening the market for a business model more
based on individuals than size.
I think it is time to take the funding power away from the politician and
the totally failed financial market. I know it is a long way and that I
probably will not experience the switch but I think its time is here.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM