http://arxiv.org/pdf/1303.1027v1.pdf

Dymamical Casimir emission from polariton condensates

The nature of the vacuum is drastically changed in the presence of a
polariton condensate leading to increased dynamical Casimir emission

One of the tenets of my theory that produces accelerated nuclear decay
rates postulates that the rate of virtual particle production is greatly
enhanced in the polariton excited vacuum

*We study theoretically the dynamical Casimir effect in an
exciton-polariton condensate that is suddenly created by an ultrashort
laser pulse at normal incidence. As a consequence of the abrupt change of
the quantum vacuum, Bogoliubov excitations are generated. The subsequent
evolution, governed by polariton interactions and losses, is studied within
a linearized truncated Wigner approximation. We focus in particular on the
momentum distribution and spatial coherence.*

*The limiting behavior at large and small momenta is determined
analytically. *

*A simple scaling relation for the final condensate depletion as a function
of the system parameters is found and the correlation length is shown to
depend linearly on the condensate depletion.  *

 Bogoliubov excitations are broken positron/electron virtual pairs that are
the basis of Hawking radiation
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawking_radiation> and many other topics