As a thought experiment I asked myself, "What would I observe if DDL state
hydrogen was ubiquitous?".  What follows may be naive, please feel free to
say so.

We have talked about creating and/or using DDL state hydrogen as part of
LENR, but if this DDL state exists as has been described, DDL hydrogen (we
can call it Df/H) may be very stable because it cannot interact with
photons.  It is of such small size that it would readily pass through
containers and equalize the pressure on the inside and outside.  It would
be very difficult to create a pressure difference in the ubiquitous gas.
Because of this, we wouldn't see pressure effects of this as a gas.  In an
RGA, it wouldn't show because you wouldn't be able to produce the ionized
species to accelerate.  In effect, it could be all around us and within
condensed matter in arbitrary density.  So how could it be detected?

You might compare Df/H to a gas of stable neutrons.  If stable neutrons
could exist, they would cause spontaneous isotopic shifts from thermal
collisions with atoms.  The neutron gas density would decline and one would
observe isotopic shifts.  But Df/H gas would not behave as neutrons - once
the Df/H began to penetrate the electron cloud of another nucleus it would
experience a smaller Coulomb repulsion [than H] and would still provide a
largely elastic collision.  However, it seems that Df/H could still cause
spontaneous isotopic shift/transmutation from nuclear reactions that would
statistically occur in some thermal collisions - at a much greater rate
than with H.  Could such thermal collisions with a ubiquitous Df/H be
responsible for observed but unexplained spontaneous radioactive decay?

What other behaviors would be expected of a ubiquitous Df/H gas?  What
would refute its existence?

Bob Higgins