Robert,

                Whether you know it or not, you may have put another nail in
coffin of any faint hope that this report is valid, and not a fraud. What's
more, in answer to Ransom, it could be a deliberate fraud.

                Let me put it this way, if what you say is true - that the
sample tested to 99.3% purity of Ni-62, then we have a major problem. Are
you certain?

                That is because several months ago, I personally talked to
the person who sold Rossi enriched Ni-62 in what was for all practical
purposes that same purity. The coincidence is stunning.

                OK - for the benefit of true believers, let's say that there
is a small chance that Rossi did not arrange some kind of deceit here, and
that although he purchased the same purity material, it also showed up in a
properly tested sample as a matter of pure random coincidence ... (Jon
Stewart pause) ... but please explain to me how any known nuclear reaction
produces virtually pure isotope going all the way from Ni58 to Ni63 in one
step with no intermediary products.

                If that can happen in this Universe, then ok maybe it is a
coincidence that Rossi just happened to buy the same material that turned up
in the tested sample.

                Thank you for speaking up, Robert Ellefson. I have not
noticed you on this group before this story broke, but this information is
very important, so please assure us that is true.

                Jones

                From: Robert Ellefson

                David,

                I strongly disagree with the conclusions you have expressed
regarding the ash sample isotope fraction.

                First, as I explain in this (rather-long-winded) mail from
yesterday, the ENTIRE ASH SAMPLE BULK was analyzed by ICP-MS as consisting
of 99.3% enriched Ni-62.

                   ( see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40eskimo.com/msg98350.html )

                Allow me to repeat this crucially-important point:   The
2.13mg ash sample contained 2.12mg of PURE Nickel-62.

                Only the SEM/EDS and ToF-SIMS methods are restricted to
analyzing the surface-layer composition.

                While this still only represents a small sample of the
complete reactor ash, I have a difficult time believing that a substantial
fractionation of nickel isotopes occurred.  I suspect that most of the other
fuel elements are not appearing in the ash because they migrated elsewhere
in the reactor vessel and were missed by sample bias, but I have a difficult
time imagining how the 99.3% Ni62 grain could be the result of isotope
fractionation, all things considered here.

                -Bob