From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:10 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:E-cat : Minimum COP assuming worst mistakes possible

Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com <mailto:alain.sep...@gmail.com> > wrote:

*       is there a simple way , with minimal assumption, to be sure that the
COP>1

Look at the color. If it is dull red, it may be around 750°C which is where you
would expect it to be in a straight line extrapolation calibration up to 800 W.
If it is white it has to be around 1300°C, which is far higher than the
calibration indicates it should be. A calibration curve will bend down. It
never bends up. McKubre pointed this out:

On page 7 of the report the authors state: “Subsequent calculation proved that
increasing the input by roughly 100 watts had caused an increase of about 700
watts in power emitted.” This is interesting. The shape of the output vs. input
power curve is observed (or implied) to strongly curve upwards in a manner
completely inconsistent with the Stefan-Boltzmann law for radiative heat loss.
It is also inconsistent with simple convective heat transfer but several issues
need to be addressed before we can claim this as a qualitative or even
“semi-quantitative” measure of excess heat production . . .

Note that incandescent colors are similar for all materials.