Sonic bubble collapse experiments at Oak Ridge Lab and PNNL have produced fusion in a cold condition. Tritium has been observed. The research has not be supported very well however. They remind me of the MIMS--ballotechnics also.

Bob Cook
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Ellefson" <vortex-h...@e2ke.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 10:56 AM
Subject: [Vo]:Is the E-Cat reaction a plasmon-driven instance of a metastable innershell molecular state (MIMS) mediated neutron exchange?

Dear Vortex-l,

I found these papers from Young K. Bae, published recently in Physics
Letters A and Results in Physics, to be of tremendous interest and potential relevance to the phenomena we are witnessing in the E-Cat and possibly other
LENR reactions.

(I note that these whole papers can be downloaded without charge currently)
MIMS-III, Oct2014:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0375960114009256
MIMS-II, Sept2014:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211379714000515
MIMS, July2008:    http://ykbcorp.com/downloads/MIMS%20PLA17931.pdf

Note that he is claiming to prove that innershell molecular states, (a
neo-fusion state, if you will) can exist between *any* two elements!
Although his work is based on high-kinetics shock-induced reactions, I find
the behaviors listed for this class of reactions (MIMS), notably the
anomalous thermal behavior, to be of particular interest in light of
observed cold fusion reactions.

Thanks for the tip-off, Jones Beene. Your mention of ballotechnic reactions
caught my eye because of the thermal behavior you mentioned, but searches
for that only seemed to land me in conspiracy pages, NSA honeypots, and
spy-fiction references, until I found yet another posting from Jones Beene
on vortex in 2009 that cross-referenced the new name for this class of
reactions (MIMS:ballotechnics::LENR:cold fusion). Then I found this latest
set of papers, and my buzzword-matching Bayesian filter output pegged at
11+!

Although I do (yet) not have any references to indicate that this type of
reaction is known to be capable of occurring in the conditions of the
reactors we are working with, given the scarcely-explored nano-scale nature
of plasmonics interactions, it doesn't seem too far of a stretch that we
could be seeing this type of reaction occurring in cold fusion systems.
The works of Hagelstein, Violante, Vysotskii, and Karabut immediately leap
to mind here, but I have not yet read their works in enough detail to know
what level of correlation their investigations have already uncovered
between MIMS and cold fusion.

While reading Mats Lewan's book, his mention of Rossi's repeated musings on
the hammer-and-anvil theme stood out.  Although the notion of fusion
naturally correlates to a hammer-and-anvil theme, something suggests to me
that perhaps Rossi was musing on shock-induced reactions such as MIMS in
particular.  I'll note that the important 2008 paper was published around
the time that Rossi was first developing the E-Cat technology.

There is a nifty animation of a MIMS reaction recently put out by Bae on
youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdESIKd56U

The author's web pages:
http://ykbcorp.com/

I hope this inspires productive thinking!
-Bob Ellefson