From: H Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 19, 2014 12:31 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Color Temperature

_Colour temperature_ refers to the *peak* emission of a blackbody whose
temperature produces a peak emission within the visible spectrum.

e.g. The surface of the sun is about 6000C and the peek emission is white light
so it has colour temperature of white.

_Incadescence_ ​is the *visible* light emitted by a black body at a given
temperature.

An iron at 800C glows red but the peak emission is in the infrared .

harry