http://arxiv.org/pdf/1409.1032v1.pdf
I just saw an exciting and “off the wall” research paper referenced in
Phy.org the other day. It violates all the current thinking connected to the
standard model of particle physics. That paper says that
nanoplasmonics can cause nuclear effects as a result of meson
production.

This could well be a theoretical research topic related to cold fusion
funded by some interesting and mainstream organizations. If you notice
the acknowledgment section of the paper, you will see who funded this
research as follows:

MB and CP acknowledge support from the Research
Council of Norway (Contract No. 221469). MB also
thanks the Department of Energy and Process Engineering
(NTNU, Norway) for financial support. CP thanks
the Swedish Research Council (Contract No. C0485101)
for financial support. This work was supported by the
DFG (grant BU 1803/3-1). We thank Dr John Lekner for
pointing out the relevance for the analysis of the Poisson-
Jacobi formula (page 124, example 18 in Whittaker and
Watson)[41]

This paper proposes that nanoplasmonics can be used to manipulate and
control the weak force using the Casmir effect and through that weak
force, control the inner workings of the nucleus.

The major players in the science infrastructure of Norway and Sweden are
interested enough in this subject to pay money to mainstream
scientists to buck the standard model of particle physics with this new
theory.

Could there be a connection between the Robert Godes visit to Statoil in
Norway?